MY GPS TRACKS RECORDER and Photo Manager
MY GPS TRACKS RECORDER and Photo Manager application is running on tablet* with built-in GPS, camera and ANDROID operating system, and creates a multi-tool, with the following capabilities:
- Displaying and GPS track recording in ‘SERVICE’ mode, as well as online, and offline.
- Collects field data in the form of polygons, lines, points, and text. You can use this data for map validation and field checks. (Vector data for forestry, and topographic applications, DXF interface.)
- Takes and manages geo-referenced pictures with tagged messages, which indicate the location of the exposure in the GPS tracks.
You can do map validation and field checks effectively and economically by transferring from the office all the necessary vectors – points – text with their colors, into the tablet and subsequently on to the field. There, editing (addition/deletion) of selected features is taking place.
The program can do all this by superimposing vectors in DXF format, and image files (ortho photos).
- The photos come from Google, or Web Map Service, (WMS) for online use.
- The images come from ortho photos or recorded earlier from a WMS source, for offline use. In the case of ortho photos, the files are processed in advance using program Cut Map Tiles, Land Data’s Mbtiles format generator. The result is generation of tiles (256 X 256) pixels, facilitating fast zoom and pan of tablets and smart phones.
The accuracy of measurements and collection of new data – controls, depends on the accuracy of the raster file and the pixel size. Here, the position of a point is given by the position of a pixel in the raster file, rather than the measurement of the GPS unit. Thus, if the pixel size is 10 cm, then the accuracy of the new information introduced by the raster file is 10 cm, if you can identify the detail clearly. Therefore, your tablet is as good as the accuracy and the pixel size of your raster file.
GPS track recording downloads and uploads data in GPX format, KML, and Facebook.
- SPECS AT A GLANCE
- FEATURES OF PROGRAM GPS TRACK RECORDING
- PREREQUISITES OF GPS TRACK RECORDING
A much-needed tool for every tablet* user, using raster files (ortho-photomaps, diagrams, maps), for measurements, or data collection, autopsies, field checks, every traveler, climber, hiker, surveyor, forester, or anybody else with similar professional activities.
*Industry standard tablet with ANDROID** operating system.
ANDROID,** is a registered trademarks of GOOGLE.Click here to learn more