SPECS AT A GLANCE
- Collection, display, and management of GPS tracks, geo-referenced photos and various waypoints for the LUCAS 2018 campaign.
- Superimposition of GPS tracks on road maps from OpenStreetMap, ortho photo images and imagettes.
- It sorts and tabulates the LUCAS points in order to organize and optimize quantity control checks and route planning for LUCAS 2018. (It requires the processing of 2015 data with “CUT GPX”).
- Advantage in having the GPS, camera, and compass, all built in one unit.
- Automatic waypoint registration and management.
- On-line data collection using digital field form documents.
- Computation of distance and area values for plot areas.
- Quality checks of all work performed, before leaving a measured point.
- Data transfer to the Data Management Tool via copy-paste.
- Interface with the ‘MapFactor’ navigator.
- Online data: geo referenced maps and images from Google Maps.
- MY LUCAS can download process and store images for future offline use.
- Offline data: road maps from OpenStreetMap or ortho photos are processed in advance using program Cut Map Tiles, Land Data’s Mbtiles format generator . The result is generation of tiles (256 X 256) pixels, facilitating fast zoom and pan of tablets and smart phones.
LUCAS 2018. FEATURES
Participation in the LUCAS 2018 campaign requires cameras and GPS, if you are in the market to update equipment and streamline processes we have developed software based on experience, combined with the latest developments in the market with mobile devices, tablets, and smart phones.
Many equipment manufacturers are producing tablets with built in GPS and high-resolution cameras. They are of the same, if not better quality than stand-alone GPS units in the open market. These tablets have built in cameras that take quality photographs with a little training of the operator. However, the built in GPS needs the development of an application to offer reliable usage. LAND DATA Ltd has developed MY LUCAS, Field Data Collector, for tablets and smart phones. SPECS AT A GLANCE lists the characteristics of the software application.
We must say, that we are not advocating you to modify the procedures you have used successfully in the past. Instead, we are offering you tools that deal more efficiently with your GPS tracks, increase the speed of handling the photo material faster overall, give you options for extensive quality control checks, and generally optimize your efforts.
In this respect, the software can do the following important functions:
It enables the user to select and display tracks for individual LUCAS points on a given time, and understand existing difficulties for a particular point. If necessary look for alternate routes to improve performance, and prepare for the following day. For this, the surveyor will need the output of the last running of ‘LUCAS’ with the app “CUT GPX ” . This will secure for example, the time he allocated to spend completing the points, is adequate. Therefore, he spends no time revisiting an area to complete the work, particularly when the points are far from the base.
Interfacing with the MapFactor navigator secures seamless track collection and point measurements.
You may superimpose photomaps on an OpenStreetMap overlay. You may turn them on and off, as the needs dictate. To display photomaps, you must process the raster files with “CUT MAP TILES” and cut them into tiles using mbtiles format for fast zoom and pan .
Navigate from the car to the point, and provide measurements of distance and area with the help of imagettes, which My LUCAS displays automatically.
Accurate, fast, comfortable camera use:
The registration of each photo regarding its point number and its type, (N, S, and E, W) is automatic and error free. When the user is taking the (N, S, and E, W) photos, the camera viewer hosts the corresponding photo of the 2015 campaign. This prevents errors, or corrects errors of the last campaign without having to share attention between the ground document and his photo viewer. The photos he captures are geo referenced and as a result, their position on the tracks of the specified LUCAS points is displayed using photo markers.
The user is able to register any point by taping on a menu of waypoints, and keep track of it using check marks.
On-line Data Collection using Digital Field Form Documents
All the survey information is entered and stored electronically into the tablet using the digital field document, and then it is easily managed on the app, or transferred into the DMT at the end of the day. Recording and keeping notes on paper field documents is over, saving the surveyor valuable time.
The tablet was used in Italy and Greece with very good results, during the 2015 campaign. It has matured. To day, we are building on this strength the On-Line module for Data Collection. It’s capabilities include:
- Continued GPS track recording and data management.
- Error detection during the measurement process. The errors are corrected on the spot, right when and where they happen.
- Input format identical to that of the conventional field form document.
- Fast, comfortable photo session. The monitor displays the point number, all coded photos taken, the remaining ones, their quantities, last campaign’s photos, the compass and the ready to photo sign, all these without taking your eyes away from the tablet eye viewer.
- Setting as default values the values of the previous campaign.
- Error detection due to non compatible fields
- Easy access to all functions from the main menu.
- Fast data transmission to DMT.
OTHER IMPORTANT FUNCTIONS:
Computation of distance and area values for the plot areas.
Quality checks of all work performed, before leaving a measured point, to avoid costly multiple visits to measured points.
Fast information transfer to other systems, (for example DMT).
Store the collected tracks daily, according to the specifications.
Download online data, (geo referenced map and images), from Google maps.
Web Map Service (WMS). These data can be processed, and stored for further offline use via mbtiles format, together with OpenstreetMap.
OTHER RELATED PRODUCTS
Customers who viewed this item also viewed:
- CUT GPX.
- CUT MAP TILES, cutting ortho-photo map files into tiles, mbtiles format for fast zoom and pan.
Industry standard tablet (ANDROID** version 4.4.2 and above), with at least 16 GB memory, and equipped with GPS, camera and 3G sensors (optional).
To display ortho-photo maps, the user must process these raster files with “CUT TILES” and cut them into tiles, mbtiles format for fast zoom and pan. https://www.landdata.gr/cut-map-tiles-product-brief/
The best tool in the market. Buy now.
The materials contained herein are summary in nature subject to change and intended for general information only. Details, specifications, and particulars concerning the operation of LAND DATA’s software packages and systems are available in the technical manuals available through sales channels.
DMT* database is a registered product of LUXSPACE SARL.
ANDROID **, GOOGLE MAPS ** are registered trademarks of GOOGLE.
Copyright © 2014 LAND DATA Ltd.
All rights reserved.